In this 36-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how Jeff got the idea to do the book
- why Jeff was skeptical of the conventional wisdom that pitch count limits were good for MLB prospects
- why travelball is evil
- whether stricter pitching rules for 8-10 year olds will help prevent arm injuries
- of the many factors in arm injuries, which one factor is the most dangerous
- Jeff's rebuttal to Perfect Game's online response to the way PG was presented in The Arm
- whether and how we can counteract this culture of hyper-competitiveness in youth baseball
- two suggestions Jeff has for Perfect Game (and organizations like it) to not be part of the problem of overuse injuries
- Jeff's alternative to Perfect Game
- whether pitching year-round is safe at a certain age
- how important pitching mechanics is, and what age is appropriate to begin seriously analyzing it
- Perfect Game's response to The Arm
- The Arm book
- MLB's Pitch Smart guidelines
- Xan Barksdale's interview on Session 13 and Session 14
- Ron Wolforth's interview on Session 30 and Session 31
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.