In this 43-minute episode, you'll learn:
- one significant warning about travel ball for parents
- how you can prove what an elite swing is
- whether "squish the bug" should be taught
- whether teaching to hit grounders is better than teaching to hit popups
- whether teaching "knob to the ball" is correct
- the definition of the high-level swing
- two absolutes in the stance
- two absolutes between the stance and the point of contact
- two absolutes at the point of contact
- how elbows should be working during the swing
- what age is appropriate to teach the elite swing
- what to focus on first with young hitters
- a good drill to use for young hitters and what you're looking for in that drill
- how much your teaching changes from tee ball to coach pitch to kid pitch
- how to help kids with timing issues
- whether to teach mechanics in season or after the season
- if bat weights before an at-bat are helpful or harmful
- if thin hitting sticks as training tools are helpful or harmful
- Matt Lisle's web site
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.