As discussed in Session #70 with Billy Boyer, elite infielding is not just about "get in front of the ball" and "get your glove dirty". Kai Correa, assistant coach at the University of Northern Colorado and creator of the fantastic #FridayFielders series on Twitter, breaks down how to teach fielding fundamentals to young players. This is Part 1 of a two-part interview.
In this 37-minute episode, you'll learn:
- Kai's unusual baseball path
- the best way to help youth players catch consistently
- what is a common wrong teaching for youth players on fielding
- what is the proper way to teach youth players on fielding
- one key tip to help players make repeatable throws
- three way to help teach and reinforce footwork
- Kai's thoughts on ladders
- whether fielders should funnel the ball into their body or catch the ball out in front
- how to transfer the ball
- whether "short-arming" is an unhealthy arm action
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.