In this 43-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what a pulldown is and why it's useful
- the progression for long toss, and why parental supervision for younger players is key
- whether long toss should be part of a pre-game routine
- the biggest thing a coach can do for his players
- the average max distance for a 12 year old, a high school player and a college player
- whether weight training is necessary when doing a long toss program
- whether there is a correlation between long-toss distance and pitching velocity
- whether all players should see velocity improvement when doing a long toss program
- how Alan responds to long toss critics
- what J-bands are, and what they're used for
- whether 8-12 year olds can benefit from J-band work or if they're too young
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.