In this 53-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why Tommy John surgeries can be avoidable
- 3 factors contributing to the increase in arm injuries in youth baseball
- what a poor recovery period is, and what a positive cycle is
- whether bicep/tricep pain should be alarming as elbow/shoulder pain
- whether pitchers icing their arms after games is recommended
- the biggest thing coaches do that exacerbate the arm health problem
- what age is appropriate to start teaching proper arm conditioning
- the 3 factors more important than distance in arm conditioning
- whether 8-12 year olds are more structured or less structured than teens in their arm care
- how different the 8-12 year old arm care program is compared to the teen program
- 7 benefits of long toss
- whether 8-12 year olds can do long toss
- a general overview of how to execute a long toss program
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.