In this 39-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why Josh wants to challenge the baseball coaching instruction status quo
- five incorrect coaching cues Josh learned when he was younger
- how Josh realized that what he had learned was incorrect
- three things Josh believes that most people think are crazy
- why Josh believes bunting should never be done
- the value of practice time spent on situational hitting
- the state of hitting instruction today
- what should be the focus of hitting instruction today, whether tee ball or high school
- where teaching mechanics fall in the priority list of hitting instruction
- whether kids should swing up, swing level or swing down
- how coaches can discuss with parents who have a different opinion on bat path
- whether anyone can eventually be a home run hitter
- YBE 018: Helping Kids With The Mental Game with Justin Su'a
- Baseball Between The Numbers book by Baseball Prospectus
- Extra Innings: More Baseball Between The Numbers book by Baseball Prospectus
- The Book: Playing The Percentages In Baseball book by Tom Tango
- Justin Stone's EliteBaseball.tv
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download