In this 42-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how knowing your exit velocity and launch angle can help your training
- the difference between 'attack angle' and 'launch angle'
- the ideal range for launch angle
- how to estimate launch angle when hitting in a batting cage
- what is 'bat plane'
- the definition of 'batted ball spin'
- two different types of 'offset' and how one of them should affect your training
- a training tip you can do with bricks and mobile bullpen mounds
- an easy way to help kids improve their exit velocities
- what exactly is 'bat speed'
- how weighted bat training can help improve both bat speed and barrel control
- Josh's thoughts on the PowerChute
- what does 'squaring the baseball up' mean
- a simple way to help train the right way to 'square the baseball up'
- Josh's thoughts on vision training
- what virtual work is and how it could help training hitters
- what the future of modern hitting instruction will focus on
- where the bat should make contact with the ball in terms of the swing plane
- whether the old saying of 'letting breaking balls' get deep is valid or not
- Launch angle in the batting cage
- The Wass Strength Tip Of The Week on off-set squats
- SuperSpeed Slugger bat speed training system for youth. Used by Justin Stone
- Driveline's Axe Bat Speed Trainers. You can actually hit baseballs with these but twice as much as the SuperSpeed bat speed trainers
- Justin Stone's EliteBaseball.tv
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download