I talk pitching with Lantz Wheeler of BaseballThinkTank.com and creator of the Core Velocity Belt. A variety of pitching thoughts are discussed and perhaps you can take away a few things and implement them with your team. This is Part 2 of a two-part series. Missed Part 1? Catch it here.
In this 40-minute episode, you'll learn:
- the appropriate age for learning the curve
- where the thumb should be in the fastball grip
- what to beware when teaching the change-up
- what 'arm action' actually is
- how to positively influence arm action
- a big key to target games
- what the Core Velocity Belt is and how it works
- a simple tool to help create a movement awareness program for rotation
- how to test for deficient breathing
- a sample breathing exercise
- whether to do breathing in practices or games
- how breathing impacts pitch velocity
Links mentioned in this episode:
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.