In this 40-minute episode, you'll learn:
- Lantz's thoughts on travelball
- what's wrong with the current state of pitching instruction today
- what does it mean to 'trust what you feel'
- how to train instincts
- why photographs of pitchers in certain positions of their delivery can be misleading
- why fixing the mechanics doesn't always fix the release
- whether it's good or bad to tell a kid to remember the last delivery since it was a strike
- how to help kids who consistently throw too high or too low
- how to talk to pre-high schoolers differently from high schoolers
- whether to coach a kid who struggles during a game
- an ingenious idea for giving pitching cues
- whether to leave a struggling pitcher in to "figure it out" or to take him out before s/he further ruins the team
- how to handle sensitive kids
- whether every kid can throw 90 mph if they work hard enough
- Lantz's opinion on the so-called "10,000 hour rule"
- whether unathletic kids can become athletic
- whether coaches can help kids become more athletic through team practices
- Sessions 11 and 12 on how to teach pitching with Travis Kerber
- Episode 30 and 31 on digging deeper into better pitching with Ron Wolforth
- YBE affiliate link for EliteBaseball.tv
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.