With more questions being submitted than weeks to answer them, a fairly healthy backlog of Question Of The Week submissions were going unanswered. In an effort to clear out the queue, Rob Tong devotes this entire episode to answering several Question Of The Week submissions and hopefully you can gain something practical & actionable from the answers.
In this 37-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how to help a 9-year-old having problems handling inside pitches [5:55]
- what 4-13 year old kids in the Dominican Republic do for training [9:07]
- how to balance promoting pitch recognition with being aggressive at the plate [17:01]
- whether errors should be recorded at the 9-12 year old level [20:34]
- whether it's a problem if your kid throws from the 3:00 position [25:42]
- what key traits distinguish a 10U tournament team from the rest of the field [27:58]
- how to keep bench players engaged [31:54]
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Latin American players on MLB Opening Day rosters
- The dark side of Dominicans chasing MLB dreams
- The seedier side of Dominicans chasing MLB dreams
- Christian Signorelli on Pete Caliendo's Baseball Outside The Box podcast
- The Open Baseball Journal on session 126
- Videos for Austin Wasserman's Water Bottle drill
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.