In this 33-minute episode, you'll learn:
- how Rudy evaluates hitters
- what Rudy's philosophy for his hitters is, and why
- how to help kids be more mentally resilient
- how the players work on their personal skill development (hint: it's not at team practices)
- what age to start putting players at their primary defensive positions
- Rudy's philosophy on innings vs pitch counts
- USSSA pitching rules
- how to tell when a pitcher is tired
- why Rudy calls pitches instead of letting his catchers do it
- whether his pitchers have had nagging injuries
- his philosophy on batting order
- what ages kids should start to focus primarily on baseball
- Rudy's thoughts on "big fish in small pond" or "small fish in big pond"
- his feelings on stealing signs
- advice for new travel coaches
- advice for parents looking for a travel team
- Wilson MVP
- The Wass Strength Tip Of The Week on lunge progressions
- The Wass Strength Youngblood Training Manual for youth athletes
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download