In this 59-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why confidence is a choice
- why confidence is not a feeling
- what to focus on to create true confidence, which the pros do
- the different mental skills the pros work on
- the importance of a routine
- whether a motivational placebo is effective
- how to help players motivate themselves
- the importance of connecting with your players, and how
- what self-awareness is, and how to help players improve it
- how to help kids who are sensitive to failure
- whether to tell upset kids to calm down or to redirect their energy
- how to instill kids leadership
- whether naming team captains is productive or counter-productive
- whether coaches should ask players to set goals
- how to help kids increase mental toughness
- podcast interview with Joe Hallinan in Session #2
- podcast interview with John T. Reed in Session #8
- Harvey Dorfman's seminal book The Mental Game of Baseball
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.