As tech continues to advance, more baseball-related technology products are starting to hit the market. What products are worth your consideration? What needs to iron out some kinks? And what gets Kyle really excited about upcoming baseball technology? Kyle Boddy, founder of Driveline Baseball, discusses this during this interview, along with some pitching-related thoughts. This is Part 2 of a two-part interview. Part 1 is here.
Plus Justin Stone of EliteBaseball.TV answers the Question Of The Week about how to handle fielding slumps.
In this 45-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why Kyle discusses pitching mechanics in the latest version of his youth pitching book
- why the Driveline youth pitching book doesn't teach specific drills
- how rec league coaches should approach training their players when they don't get to keep those players for multiple years
- what the benefits are of the motusBaseball wearable sleeve
- a brief evaluation of Hit Trax
- thoughts on the Diamond Kinetics SwingTracker bat sensor
- how Hit Trax can help hitters get better, and help coaches help hitters
- what the pros and cons are for the Rapsodo Baseball pitch tracking tool
- what upcoming baseball tech gets Kyle really excited
- how strobe glasses improve hitters
- what light rails are
- whether catchers can pitch in the same game, and whether pitchers can catch in the same game
- the distinction between "innings pitched" and "pitches pitched"
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Driveline Baseball
- PitchFX data
- Rapsodo Baseball selling on Driveline's site
- Senaptic Strobe Glasses
- Pitch Smart youth guidelines
Driveline is giving away not one but two packages featuring both Alan Jaeger's Junior J-Bands and Year Round Throwing Manual. The two winners will be drawn at random among the YBE newsletter subscribers. Current newsletter subscribers are automatically eligible. Not yet an email subscriber? Sign up (it's free) and you'll be entered.
Drawing will be held Monday, September 18, 2017—just in time to start your offseason workouts. Drawing has been done and winners announced. Congrats to the two winners.
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.