In this 45-minute episode, you'll learn:
- why Kyle discusses pitching mechanics in the latest version of his youth pitching book
- why the Driveline youth pitching book doesn't teach specific drills
- how rec league coaches should approach training their players when they don't get to keep those players for multiple years
- what the benefits are of the motusBaseball wearable sleeve
- a brief evaluation of Hit Trax
- thoughts on the Diamond Kinetics SwingTracker bat sensor
- how Hit Trax can help hitters get better, and help coaches help hitters
- what the pros and cons are for the Rapsodo Baseball pitch tracking tool
- what upcoming baseball tech gets Kyle really excited
- how strobe glasses improve hitters
- what light rails are
- whether catchers can pitch in the same game, and whether pitchers can catch in the same game
- the distinction between "innings pitched" and "pitches pitched"
- Driveline Baseball
- PitchFX data
- FanGraphs fangraphs
- Rapsodo Baseball selling on Driveline's site
- Senaptic Strobe Glasses
- Pitch Smart youth guidelines
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.