David Klein of the Menlo Park Legends talks about youth baseball tricks of the trade for coaches to incorporate into practices and game days. A lot of practical, actionable stuff you can implement right away in your next practice.
In this 69-minute episode, you'll learn:
- four techniques to teach kids to have a short memory on their mistakes
- the easiest way to teach beginners how to love the game of baseball
- whether this technique also can work on more skilled players
- what to have kids do in practice instead of "touch the foul pole"
- what two things to focus on with 5-10 year olds, and how
- how to resolve the "elimination game" problem in practice where eliminated kids sit out and get bored
- David's system for teaching life lessons to kids
- what is success for a batter
- whether visualization or breathing techniques work
- what one attribute affects the mental game most, and how to foster that
- how to instill leadership qualities in your players
- how to handle the issue of team captain(s)
- how to give feedback to kids who struggle with receiving correction
- how to give a team post-game speech
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.