In this 44-minute episode, you'll learn:
- what pro scouts look for in prospects, and how much stats play in the evaluation
- which of the five tools are most coveted by pro teams
- what the biggest problem with travel baseball is
- what young baseball players need most
- how the travel ball system itself is flawed and struggles to correct its biggest problem
- how most travel parents perpetuate the inherent flaw of the travel ball system
- the biggest deficiency in many travel players
- two different proposals to improve the current travel system
- why winning should NOT be the priority in travel programs
- whether joining a travel team is necessary to improve skills
- how glamorous tournaments make it very difficult to change the flaws in the travel system
- the benefits of an instructional program or league, and how to run one
- podcast interview with John T. Reed in Session #8
- Larry Owens' article on the flaws of travel baseball (coming soon)
Want MORE Edgy Info?
Never miss an article! Enter your info to get more practical, actionable youth baseball coaching info like this.
Are you a new coach? I have a free 15-day email course just for you, where I walk you through coaching a team for an entire season over the course of 3 weeks.